Labels

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I am woman hear me ROAR~


Hey all you out there. As you are probably aware already I went on a blogging world hiatus. I realized that despite my feeble attempts at being absolutely great at everything, I  am a mere human and I can't do it all (although I will still try !!). Life has taken over and lots of stuff has been going on so I am taking a minute just to update you on a few of the little things consuming my time.
The fam bam....My sweet sweet boys. These two precious little guys have made me realize the importance of life and how time goes by way way way too fast. I know they are just three months but like so many people told me before, I feel like they have been a part of my life forever. These two are simply hilarious and have Nick and I cracking up every day and night. We swear Dominick (affectionately known as Nico, Domos, and Dominicky) and Noah ( aka Noah Boa) have baby talk conversations. We have religiously put them facing one another so they can talk, and without fail, every night they are chit chatting it up! They yell, they laugh, they attempt to cheer the other one up when a sad face is seen. It makes me tear up every time and just writing this makes my eyes swell up a little. Gosh darn it! Can I still blame this on pregnancy hormones... The boys are crazy funny and their little laughs are ridiculous. I even laugh when they are crying (not in a crazy way) I laugh because they have these fake little cries where there are no tears and they make every attempt to see that I am looking at them. If I look away they stop but if our eyes meet the cries are heard. Well I shouldn't call them cries more like whimpers, sad whimpers. They know how to manipulate me and I can't help but spoil the heck out of them knowing that I am messing them up forever lol!!!!






On a sad note I have not only been consumed with the joys in life but also loss. My family has had to endure another family death again. For the second time this year we had to say goodbye to a grandpa.  Everything comes full circle and this past year has definitely shown us that!! Regardless of the sadness I know that I will see them again, until then!


My classroom and work. Let's just say that this whole working mom deal is pretty complicated. The guilt eats at me everyday and being the perfectionist that I am, I have wondered if I made the right choice. Let's put it out there I wish I could stay at home and be with my boys all day, but the ultimate reality is that I can't. I make a living and it helps my family , period. I love what I do and although everyday is a challenge, I wake up ready to get in the classroom and inspire young minds. I have included some pictures of my classroom, which has been themed out this year. I feel like having my own kids has given me the insight to see that the little things in my room that I used to obsess about don't matter and everything will get done in it's own time. I also appreciate the classroom moms a lot more.  I used to freak out and stay up late wondering how things would get done ( now I stay up late doing a feeding here or there) but I have been much better at prioritizing and hopefully I stay like this, because things can get pretty ugly, fast!!!



 Speaking of being a working mom, I will add that on my weekends I pretend I am a stay at home mom and don't leave the house. Nick does his gym thing and will run errands but I like to stay home fantasizing that he is working and I am taking care of the boys. I cook and bake cookies and all that crap. This past weekend I made a bomb chicken with enchilada sauce and cream cheese. I also made a chicken soup and baked chocolate chip cookies from scratch. I tried to emphasize to Nick the life he would be living if I was at home all day but he didn't bite the bait... whatevs!!! Sandwiches and random mis matched meals are hear to stay. If you don't know my husband let me just describe his eating habits to you. He is a garbage disposal. He eats an insane amount of food and will do it freakin fast. I don't know if you know about the family meal deal thing sold at Albertson's. Its a whole rotisserie chicken, 1 pound of macaroni salad, 1 pound of potato wedges, and 4 dinner rolls. Well, let's just say he buys it for himself. I get a bite hear or there (with permission of course, if I dare stick my hand in while he is eating he might just chew my hand off!) but he eats the rest!! He also can eat a random assortment of stuff that does not in any shape or form make a meal. Here is a random night menu for him:
appetizer: Protein shake (chocolate)
Main dishes: tuna from the can, 3 hard boiled eggs, left over meat if there is anything, brown rice, maybe a salad,
Dessert: Protein shake and oatmeal. heck he might throw in an iced coffee as well.

I could never eat like that. I might have thrown up after the protein shake though.  Those things are nasty. He swears they are good.. I would rather starve then put that in my mouth YUCK! Since I have a refined palette I will let you taste the delicious meals I made by sharing the link to the recipes I used so you too can pretend to me a stay at home mom, or just have a great meal if you already are one.... you know who you are!!!




























THESE and only these are the reasons why I am not blogging everyday... well that and what the heck do I write about everyday. I definitely don't wanna whine and moan and groan about the same things over and over. I also don't want to look like a crazy mom showing you my kids every five seconds even though I will probably do it anyway!! So I will attempt to at least have a weekly blog recapping the week and any new stuff that I do. Maybe this weekend I will leave the house and go somewhere with my little monkeys... or maybe I won't. Whatever the choice stay tuned for another post!!!

Bom Dia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment