Labels

Monday, July 2, 2012

Big Day for the Boys!

Yesterday was a big day for my little ones. First and foremost, their ambilical cords finally fell off! It took almost a month! This means that they were finally able to take their first bath. After their bath it was our goal to get to the Pechanga Pow Wow to hang out with some friends and eat some Indian Fry Bread. 




Dominick











































Noah
Couldn't help posting this one.... his face was priceless!!!
 My mom and sister came over to help with the bathing festivities. As I was setting up all the goodies my sis and mom held the boys and made sure they were fed and calm. 
They usually scream and cry when I change their diaper, so the thought of completely unclothing them and submerging them in water was super terrifying. 
The water was warm, the boys were fed, and we were ready to take care of business. Well my sis, mom and I were ready. In my head Nick was supposed to be taking part in the actual bathing of one of the boys, but he was scared of hurting one of them. He decided to be our DJ and play lullibies on his Ipad. The songs were from a Rock-a-Bye CD of Kanye West songs. These songs are popular songs turned lullibies and the song of choice for Nick was Gold Digger. Nice choice for our sons babe....So here us four were, with 2 undressed babies, Kanye West lullibies, and bathing goods ready to be used. 
 The boys were gently placed in the bath and actually enjoyed the whole experience. We were afraid they were going to pee in the bath but it wasn't a problem and they loved being lathered and loved. The only time they cried was when they were taken out of the water to get dried. It was absolutely perfect.


Noah looks relaxed, right??
Love Dominick's face here!!!



Me sans makeup.....ewwww!!!
 With the bath done it was time to take a nap. The boys fell asleep for awhile, which my mom told me would happen and then they were fed. As the perfect planner that I am, I figured as soon as they were fed we could pack them up and head to Pechanga to check out the PowWow. The feeding would allot us 3 hours of quiet time out and about. Sure enough we had about that much time to walk around, enjoy Indian Fry Bread Tacos, sweet Indian Fry Bread, Kettle Corn, roasted nuts, snow cones, hot dogs wrapped in bacon, etc. etc. (Let's just say my boys were not the only thing keeping me up last night!) The boys woke up just as we were headed back to the car. Perfect planning on my part. I fed them, changed them, and our day of fun came to an end. Wow.... let's just say that at the end of the day we were exhausted yet had so many memories for the books!



My wonderful hunny bunny with the boys. He just enjoyed an Indian Fry Bread Taco and was pretty full!!





No comments:

Post a Comment