Labels

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ain't a joke......

Being a mom is seriously no joke. Not saying that anyone told me it was going to be easy but it is hard work. Hard work, especially being the mom of twinsies. The boys are actually really easy going and tend to sleep a lot but it's all the other stuff that gets overwhelming.

 
  Let's first talk about the insane number of bottles I clean, make, feed, clean, make, feed, over and over again. I started the feeding process breastfeeding the boys. I bought the Brestfriend pillow (lifesaver) to help me feed them. Unfortunately, I was not making enough food for my little ones so I the doctor told me to supplement with formula. I then decided that it was too much to get both boys latched and continuously feeding for each session. I felt like I was ADD looking side to side making sure the boys were doing what they were supposed to. I   just knew in my heart that this bonding experience was not going to work anymore, plus my nips were not feeling too hot. Sorry for the TMI! I now pump and supplement what I don't make with formula. Much easier and manageable. The only thing now is the added expense of the formula, which is outrageous for our boys and all of the bottles. I typically have 18 plus bottles in one day. My hands are chapped and dry with all of the cleaning.


Next is the laundry and the crazy hours that I do it at. I tend to do the boys laundry at around 2 in the morning. With all of the spit up rags, dirty onesies, burp cloths, swaddles, changing table covers, etc, my load is pretty hefty each "morning". I am a little OCD and have to soak everything before I wash it because I don't want gross stains and I also never want to go a day without cleaning their stuff because god forbid I need something from that pile!


The late nights are by far my favorite and hardest part of being a new mom. I love love love getting to be with the boys in the wee hours and talking to them. I probably seem crazy but that is my mommy time. I stare at them and adore every little feature on their cute little faces. The hard part about it all is trying to keep my eyes open long enough to remember what I am doing lol!!! I have opened my eyes many times in the middle of a feeding to find the bottle in their ear or neck. I know this sounds ridiculous but when your head is rolling around on top of your shoulders you can't help it!!! All you moms out there know what I am talking about!


Lastly the part that is by far the most overwhelmingly hard part of being a new mom is all of the questions and attention it entails. Nick and I went to Panera yesterday for a lunch date. It was rush hour and the place was packed. Here I was with a two-seater stroller trying to maneuver my way around tight corners and low and behold I get stopped by on lookers to see the boys and ask a trillion questions. If you know me you know that I am not social. I don't like talking to strangers. Don't get me wrong I will never be rude and I am always cooperative but it is not my favorite thing to do. I always find that I tend to get a little awkward and probably sound like a do do head. haha!

As hard as all of it is, I love being a mommy and I will do this a trillion times over and make a thousand bottles, clean a billion loads of laundry, stay up forever, and talk to an endless amount of strangers for my boys. They are my new pride and joy and they were definitely worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment