Labels

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Journey to Parenthood

Well I have officially been a mommy for 16 days 21 hours and 45 minutes. It has been such a blessing to be able to say that my family of two (Nick and I) has now doubled in size and become a family of cuatro... yes,  that is spanish for four. A little background on the journey it was to have my little lovebugs starts when Nick and I got married. We were married in October of 2008 and immediately knew we wanted to start a family.

 Nick was teaching an SDC (Special
Day Class) for emotionally disturbed middle school children (20 something of them!!!) and I was subbing trying to get my foot in the teaching door. We were newlyweds and lived in a one bedroom apartment and absolutely loved everything about life except for the fact that babies were nowhere in sight. If you don't know me then this would be a good time to tell you that I am very VERY impatient. I learned to walk before I crawled gosh darn it!! So when the months passed and I didn't get pregnant I started to worry (yet another one of my flaws). Long story
short Nick and I ended up, after 2 and a half years of trying, going to a fertility clinic only to find out that I had a hypothyroid. My thyroid was under active and my ovulation was out of whack. I got prescribed a medicine that would help to balance me out and I also got on Clomid. The Clomid was to help with my ovulation.

After 3 months of crazy pill taking shenanigans I wanted to give up. I hated having to take 5 pills on the 4th day of ovulation when your LH levels are blah blah blah. It was just too much and I took a break. Well the month I took the break I got pregnant! Now everyone I had told about the Clomid told me there was a chance of having twins with it. Little did I know I was going to be part of that statistic. However, Clomid helps to create fraternal twins... my twinsies are identical. This means that my body let down an egg, it got fertilized , and then decided to split. Remember what I said about being impatient... prime example of my body showing me just how impatient it truly is. With all that said the boys came at a perfect time in Nick's and my life. We both have established teaching jobs and are making mortgage payments in our "forever home". The boys have their own room in the house, ( I will post about the nursery later, when the boys finally move into it) and our family is really shaping up. My little owls were well worth the wait.....

Like the pics... Check out the fantastic local photographers we had the pleasure to meet. They are really talented and fun to work with. We love all of their work ! Added bonus is that they make all of the props, so everything is super custom!!!

Brian + Amanda Photography




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog! looking forward to seeing them grow up. Maybe you guys can not only come back as their years pass but what a cool picture to have them take pictures 18 years old by us!
    It was our pleasure to work with some cute boys!

    Best,
    Brian and Amanda

    ReplyDelete